The Cognitive Computing combines data mining, artificial intelligence and parallel and massive computing technologies and solutions to create specific smart solutions to set up and cope with big data. The applicative fields can be: social media, e-health, e-learning, smart city, etc. Applications in which there is needs of collecting and integrating data and big data coming from several different sources that need to be crawled, mined, integrated and disambiguated to create a unified ontological model. In turn, the ontological model has to cope with sophisticated metadata, cross media content and textual information, which have to be indexed and made accessible to be distributed towards users. Cross media have to be specially treated on the basis of their media kind (our solution cope with more than 500 formats), to be indexed, accessed, recommended, etc. Textual information may include person names, VIP names, user names of your portal and archives, geographical names, names of elements, and also dates in several different forms, etc. They need to be identified, synonymous identified, and disambiguated to be manifested as relations browseable by users.
The DiCCoF, DISIT Cognitive COmputing Framework is based on Massive and parallel support on which one can script processes and their relationships/flows that put in execution algorithms and tools exploiting tools and DiCCoF services (crawling, ingesting, in LOD, indexing, mining, adapting, recognition, etc.), with plugins and tools of third parties. The parallel architecture is grounded on AXCP and Hadoop, and exploitable from any media grid solution. The Massive and parallel support can be called by web services and REST API. The natural language processing algorithms may exploit the support for basic languages: English, Italian, German, Spanish, Francoise, ... With classical tagger, post tagger, etc. The Back Office Management Tools of DiCCoF Framework allows to cope with content management and workflow, IPR management, data and time management, names and synonyms management, knowledge domain management via OSIM tool.
The Social Media Solutions and modules provide support for:
- CoSKOSAM: Collaborative tool for SKOS and ontology management, automated production of ontologies (see http://openmind.disit.org), Natural Language processing languages: English, Italian, German, Spanish, Francoise. OSIM project
- Semantic Query tool and wizard on the basis of OSIM RDF database queried by SPARQL (see http://openmind.disit.org),
- MyStoryPlayer: semantic model and tool for non linear media annotations, synchronization and relationships (see http://www.eclap.eu/super/msp/ ) also promoted by Europeana.
- Linked Open Graph connecting and relating people, content, actions, etc., navigating among them, exploiting Open data and Linked Open Data, exploiting name resolution via dbPedia, geoname resolution, etc (see http://www.eclap.eu/super/sg/ ) also promoted by Europeana.
- Time Line Navigator tool for identifying, mining and disambiguating dates contained in textual documents, navigation in temporal line (see http://www.eclap.eu/177596 )
- Name Extractor, Resolver and Manager to cope with names recognition and identification, synonymous management, creating links with dbpedia, geonames, vip names, user names, etc. also in Social Graph (see http://www.eclap.eu/177605 ),
- XMediaCBIR Content Based Information Retrieval for producing search and recommendation algorithms integrating both textual and content descriptors for similarities and retrieval algorithms
- MatchMaking to support the match from offers and demands (see http://www.apretoscana.org/5221)
- Content Organizer mobile application for semantic organization of content on your iPhone, iPad in connection with enabled social media and portal solutions with augmented reality, gps, QR, retrieval, indexing, ebook, cross media, also available on iPhone, Android, Windows Phone (see http://www.eclap.eu/94220 )
- Mobile Emergency: indoor and outdoor navigation tools and emergency management, automated intervention management, see Apple Store.
- IPR Wizard assistive tools for IPR licensing and permission setting according to rights ontologies and relationships
- Multimedia Crawler to search and mining media content from social media portals as VIMEO and aggregators connected to Europeana, a tool for the creative industry, for teachers, and cultural institutions.
- AXCP: scalable media grid, development tool kit for parallel and distributed semantic computing (see http://www.axmedis.org )
- Georesolution and navigation: geo location, geo distribution, etc.
- Social media integration with OpenAuth, embedding, citations, etc.
The framework is accessible as single algorithm and tool as well as a suite. The suite of algorithms is accessible via the AXMEDIS AXCP tool that can be installed on a single server as well as on a cloud of servers and nodes to cope with computational intensive problems and big data. All the tools, activities and processes can be integrated by using API: REST and/or Web services.
Who is using it
The DiCCoF framework is currently in use in e-Brain social media platform to cope with networking, social networking and collaborative work and on OSIM exploiting the above mentioned tools. Examples are:
- ECLAP social network and educational tools for performing arts http://www.eclap.eu
- Apretoscana for networking among researchers in Tuscany area http://www.apretoscana.org
- IUF.CSAVRI for managing the collaborative and educational portal for the start up incubator at the University of Florence. http://iuf.csavri.org
- First Class Continuous Medical Education and e-learning support, see http://fad.fclass.it
- Mobile Medicine for the education and continuous information, see http://mobmed.axmedis.org
- OSIM, Open Space Innovative Mind, for collecting, indexing and reasoning among knowledge of large multi-domain (departments) institutions (see http://openmind.disit.org ).
- Coll@bora smart city project and services